Pages

Tuesday 13 September 2016

Football Legend Nwankwo Kanu looses mum


The former Arsenal, Ajax and Portsmouth forward has described his late mother as a great pillar of strength to the entire family, who will be missed greatly for her compassionate love. In his words

“The loss of Mama is hard to bear; she is a rock that stood by me and all my siblings. She showed us equal love and affection, and always prayed for each and every one of us. Her support and prayers for me right from the beginning of my playing career till the end were invaluable.

“Her guidance also went a very long way into moulding me into the man I am today. She taught me to love, and to give. I will miss her, but God knows best,” emotional Kanu told Naijanewspot.com

Mama Kanu is survived by three sons who played professional football. Aside legend Nwankwo, her eldest son Godwin played for Bendel United and her last son Ogbonna played for Ajax Amsterdam amongst other clubs.
Meanwhile, Burial arrangements are yet to be concluded as the family is still getting to grips with the shock of Mama’s demise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advert

Find us

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...